Warning: The views and opinions expressed here might not always make sense and are not the views or opinions of any corporation or public entity. They probably aren't even those of the author. That being said, the author will not be held responsible for any acts committed by the reader, including but not limited to acts of violence, romance, stupidity, Shakespeare, or nuclear war. Don't blame me for daydreaming at work, neglecting your spouse, stealing your children's video games, dropping your cell phone in a puddle or slapping your boss. I will laugh at you. Also, you might not let your kids read this. Enjoy!

Monday, December 19, 2011

Hello World - Why Are We Here?

Hello World
For those who might not be familiar with the expression, it is a reference to computer programming, and more specifically, the first program written by most developers in any language, to get a feel for the syntax of the language. Since I have no experience in blogging, writing for my first time, (lucky you) I felt it fitting for the first half of the title. I also have a degree in computer programming, and eight years in web development, marketing and SEO experience. Its not my only field of expertise or formal training, but its most relevant to the title so fuck you if you don't like it! Yes I said fuck you, the reader. You chose to click the link. You read past the warning. Besides I don't have any formal training as a writer so I don't give two shits about etiquette. That's just a sample, if this blog continues past this rainy, boring (strangely sober) Monday night, you'll see I can be much more vulgar and abusive of our mutt language.

Why Are We Here?
This is a question asked by every child everywhere, usually about the age of five or six, as that's when we start to realize our universe is bigger than ourselves and the people we know. This is about the age that most children develop beliefs about the world around them, and as human beings do, adopt some sort of religious views. "Why are we here?" is also a question asked by most people, later in life, as they struggle with an impassable obstacle, question their goals, their past or their beliefs ingrained so early in life.

That's not why I'm writing this though! Well sort of. It really goes back to a post I jokingly made on Facebook back in, uh, yesterday (I love instant gratification online.) Being unemployed, flat broke, separated, and stranded four miles from the middle of nowhere without a television, there's not much better to do after dark than drink and play on Facebook. So I stated I'd like to become a blogger. After four beers or so, it seemed pretty logical too.

First, I'm unemployed, self employed, whichever - I've got nothing better to do, so if I can make a few bucks on advertising or donations, that would be great. And if I get picked up by some news organization as an independent, that would be even better. Second, I love to bitch about what I see in the world, (who doesn't?) and can state it in an intelligent manner. After rejecting mainstream media in the late 90's, thus relying almost exclusively on blogs for my news, I've seen that I only need the former, not the latter, to succeed. Lastly, I like to try new things, often testing and modifying software, electronics and other gadgets as soon as I can get my hands on them. I read constantly, I don't get overly political, and I share what I've learned on a regular basis.

But why the fuck am I selling you? You're still reading. Come back in a few days to see what else I've written. And while you're here, send me some beer money, I'll have a button up soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment